Magnificent Monday Excerpt!

Hi All!

I had a crazy week last week and didn’t get your questions to Ally until yesterday so…..I won’t have answers until later this week!

But to make it up to you I am going to give you an excerpt from United We Spy!

It was dark when the jet finally landed. I’m sure I must have slept on the long ride over the Atlantic, but I didn’t really remember. I just stared out the window: watching, thinking, waiting for something, but what, I didn’t know.

On the tarmac, Agent Townsend whispered something to Abby, then squeezed her hand and kissed her softly when he didn’t think we were watching. But we’re Gallagher Girls. To tell you the truth, we are always watching.

Abby let him go, her eyes a little misty. And I couldn’t help myselfI thought about Zach. He was out in the world somewhere. And a part of me worried that I might never see him again.

Love you guys ; )

I will have answers later this week so check back!

Have a good week!

xoxo,

Shellie

P.S. I think it would be fun if you guys would send in pictures of your Ally books in fun & interesting places (the beach, farm, Eiffel Tower, etc.). I will do special postings of the pictures here and on Ally’s Tumblr page. Send pics to [email protected] !!!!

Comments

1. Omg thank you so much!!!!!!!!! Omg freaking out where’s Zach!?!? Omg so excited for the book!!!

• samantha says:

The last sentence got me. I have died and I wanted to say. Will someone read the book to me while I am dead?

• OMG!!!!!!!!!!
        i have a feeling zach is going to be in some real danger and then cammie will come to the rescue
        either that or……….
        NOOOOOOOOO
        he cannot die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Jessica N says:

xD chill, guys. Ally’s always pulling that line. When I went to a booksigning earlier this year she said “I’m a little stumped on how to right Zach’s funeral…” (or something along the lines of that) and we started freaking! But then she laughed and told us how gullible we are. Zach’s so NOT gonna die.

• Danielle says:

Thank you I almost fainted at the words that Zach was missing. Oh by the way Ruby does anybody else die?

• oh, thanks there!
            i was so worried i started freaking!
            all will be rest assured now thanks!

• But one time I think she mentioned that a long time standing character was gonna die, and I swear if it one of the teenage characters or her family or her teachers- oh wait thats like everybody- I am going in to depression forever.
            BTW- OH YEA TEAM ABBY AND TOWNSEND!!!!!!!

2. Thank you Shellie :) And are Abby and agent Townsend a couple because I totally ship it. And what has Zachary gotten himself into this time? God I can’t wait for united we spy!

3. Ohmygod! Abby and Townsend…. I love it! I also ship Rachel and Joe!

• samantha says:

I don’t know how to feel about Joe and Rachel because of Matthew Morgan. HE was Rachel’s husband. And HE was Joe’s best friend/ roomate.but I totally ship Abby and Townsend.

• thats exactly what i was thinking

• I don’t think that Abby and Townsend would make a good coule bc they were always on opposite ends of the pole and maybe that sounds cool to you guys but its kind of like (pardon my geek) Hemione dating Malfoy. I just doesn’t fit to me.

• Danielle says:

Just think it has pride and prejudice. I think it is a good idea that they are together.

• Yes yes yes!!!!!! I have shipped Tabby from the beginning! You are a fabulous human being for comparing it to P&P … (Because the only fictional guy better than Townsend is clearly Darcy!)

4. Eek! Abby and Townsend! I want more now! Cant wait for the book :)

5. oh my god. OH MY GOD! i cant wait! I REALLY CANT WAIT!
    all my dreams have come through! Because from what ive read Abby and Townsend
    ARE A COUPLE! Thank you so much for that excrept Shellie amazing!
    alyy your books are brilliant luv you guys
    Thank You Sooooooooooo Much!
    Gallagher Girls No.1 fan!
    Maeve

6. Melissa says:

MAN NOW IM FREAKING OUT WHAT’S HAPPENING TO ZACH? SO NOW THEIR TOGETHER? IM SO EXCITED!!!!!

7. Awww that’s so sweet and kind of sad. Don’t worry about the questions! This more than makes up for it. Been going through a really hard time and this excerpt made my day. Thank you Ally and Shellie!

8. teamsimon says:

I just love Townsend and Abby together. I love their love. Thanks for the excerpt Shellie can’t wait for the questions and answers!

9. this looks so good cant wait, thank you Shellie and Ally

10. The prep says:

OMG thank you so much Shellie!! and its okay but just wondering could you tell us which questions you picked for ally to answer???? :)

11. It is official. Agent Townsend and Abby are together. He he he, I am so happy. However it seems as if something terrible is being foreshadowed because of Abby’s misty eyes.

12. AAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! ABBY AND TOWNSEND! OOOOH! YOU ANSWERED PART OF MY QUESTION! LOVE YOU ALLY AND SHELLIE!!!

13. British Bombshell says:

That is the best excerpt so far! I love Abby and Townsend but am worried about Zach! Even though I love these excerpts, they just make me want the book more! Thanks so much though – can’t wait for September! :-D

14. Ahhhhhh! I really just screamed a little. My mom heard me and was like was that you? This was an awesome substitute Shellie. Thank you so much!!!

15. KatChameleon says:

ABBY AND TOWSEND ARE TOGETHER!?!?! ZACH IS SOMEWHERE DANGEROUS!?!?! CAMMIE IS ALL MOODY AND THERE IS NO MENYION OF LIZ, BEX, MACEY, JOE, OR CAMMIE’S MOM!?!?! What the- who the- asvetfdscbhdsrthccjkgahgdfhyfcjgx gah! September cannot come soon enough!

16. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Abby and Townsend! I am freaking out! I love them together! I am so excited for September!

Ky

17. Hi, my grandma just died last Saturday, but it okay because I was never every close to her. But my mom is very sad. So I not doing the post, I want to but I do not know how, with working and cleaning my house there is not enugh hours in the day. But thank you so much for the min preview.

Liz Slama

18. I think I just died.

19. You’re breaking my spirit Ally! Ahhhhhh!

20. Ally how could you? You played with our hearts and emotions. I’m literally gasping on the floor. I can’t wait for this book to come out. BTW, it comes out on my birthday thanks for that, Ally.

21. samantha says:

22. OMG!! What happened to Zach?!? Can. Not. Wait. for September!!!

23. samantha says:

OMG where the heck is my baby??!!?! ZACH!!!!!! I hope Ally knows if somthing happens to MY love, Things will not end up pretty. Zachary Goode do not die. Please show up in random moments again. I MUST KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! awww Abby and Townsend <3. I KNEW IT MAKENZIE!!!!!

I need this book right now…. if I don"t get it I will go full on Bex.

24. Oh my goshhhhhh. Abby and Townsend???? I knew that would happen eventually!!! I absolutely totally ship it!!!! Love it!!! O.o what happened to Zach????? She better freaking see him again!!! I freaking love those two together!!!! I can not wait until GG6!!!!! I am dying slowly until September!!!!

25. HA! I knew they would go out eventually. And whoa whoa whoa…. WHERE. IS. ZACH?!?!?! I think my heart just broke a bit….

26. Spu Girl says:

OMG!! i new they would end up together and i cant wait to find out more and read the hole book!

Thanks Shellie!

27. Harriet says:

DONT DO ANYTHING TO ZACH OMG IF HE DIES I MAY NEVER FULLY RECOVER

28. Thank you for giving us a preview, and oh my gosh Cammie misses Zach yayyyyy!!!!!

29. OH MY FRICKING GOODNESS!!! All of the air left my body and I was unable to breath when I read that.

30. Rachael says:

AHH!! I love this and I hate it at the same time! Now I’m going to be wondering where Zach is and why he isn’t with Cammie and I like Townsend and Abby but I wonder if he’ll ever find out she kissed Joe and I miss everyone! I need to read more! (Also if Ruby A. reads this was that excerpt from the booklet you got or is it further along in the book?)

31. Suzan G. says:

What the!!!?!?!?!!?!??? how can Abby and townsend kiss they hate each other!!!! I always thought that it would be Solomon with Cameron!!!!! And what about cammmies mom, and friends? We kinda know where Zachary is: LOST well, cammmies says “When we weren’t looking,” so we, must be bex Liz an Macey. (Takes deep breath) okay, half of the book is safe!!!

32. Sapphire Blue says:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it and hate it. Wheres Zack and Bex and Macey? I’m freaking out!!!!

33. OMG I’m so excited I have to read all of the books over again I don’t remember some stuff. OMG where Zach and Abby and Townsend I don’t even remember who he is I really need to brush up on my GG.

34. Amira+zach says:

Why is everyone so approving of Agent Townsend Abby. Does nobody else besides me want Abby to end up with Mr. Solomon?!?!?! Where the heck is Zach!!! He better be sticking to a plan of some sort, otherwise I’m really scared for him! IM GONNA GO CRAZY!!!

• Abby and Joe??? No way…. Joe and Rachel & Townsend and Abby or nothing as far as I’m concerned. Unless I’m very wrong (Completely possible) the series has been going in that direction for a while, and I ship them both!

• I wanted Abby to be with Mr. Solomon………..but apparently everyone likes Townsend! I guess I should keep an open mind? But yeah I totally thought that too

35. gallagher girl says:

ZACHHHHHH!!!!! where is he? And…agent townsend with abby? Im can’t wait for united we spy!!!!

36. Christine says:

Amazing books cant wait for the next one !!!!!!!!!!!

37. OMG what touture!!
    I need more now!!

38. I don’t even know what to do right now. I’m happy that Abby and Townsend finally got together but now I’m too freaked out about Zach and why he’s not there to be happy. Well, now I have to go wallow in literary pain.

39. (Scream!!!) fangirling right here!! Did zach run away!! AHHHH!! townsend and abby!! Im so exicted!!!! (deep breath) AHHH!! i SO CANT WAIT!!!

40. I. Am. So. Excited. I’m honestly hyperventilating over here this is crazy, how am I having this reaction over a book. Abby and Townsend omg, we need a ship name for them (unless we came up with one while I was gone, oops) and Zach. No, what stupidly impulsive thing did Zach do this time, oh dear, I won’t sleep well until I find out.

41. WHERE IS ZACH? WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO US? I CANT WAIT UNTILL SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!

42. Awesome!

Does anyone know of a good summary of the other books? It’s been awhile :)

43. MySHirtlessZach says:

TOWSEND AND ABBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

44. GALLAGHERGIRL LOVER says:

OMG!!!! ZACH CANT DIE!!!!!!! ALLY I’M JUST SAYING IF ZACH DIES YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A RATHER LARGE AMOUNT OF MAD FANGIRLS AT YOUR DOOR AND I WILL BE ONE OF THEM!!!! PLEASE DO NOT DO ANYTHING TO ZACH!!!! HE HAS TO LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!! ZACH CAN’T DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE LET JOSH DIE INSTED ZACH HAS MORE TO LIVE FOR!!!!

• Bookworm917 says:

I sooooooo agree with you and i would sooooo be one of those mad fangirls!!!

• I agree to!

• Technically….. I’m pretty sure Zach has a lot less to live for: his mom’s an evil terrorist, he’ll probably never live a normal life, he doesn’t know his father, he has no siblings or close relatives(that we know no of). I mean I love Zach as much as anyone, but really minus the whole ‘my mom makes too many pies:(‘ and ‘I don’t want to be a pharmacist’ things, Josh seems to have a pretty good and well, typical life and, probably, a lot more to live for. Because, seriously, typical is underrated. Not to say Zach doesn’t DESERVE to live, two VERY different concepts. However, I’d never want Zach to die either (DUH)!!! But I doubt even if Ally did kill Zach, read this and decide to change that before GG6 comes out she even could, not that I think she’d want to. :) I’m just hoping Ally didn’t go down that road!

45. Saphy18 says:

OH MY GOD!!!! This is so exciting. I KNEW that Abby and Townsend had something going on since the fifth book. I can’t wait for another excerpt.

46. AHHH!!! Can’t wait until this book comes out. It sounds amazing!! :D

47. megan herrick says:

I was on the beach reading perfect scoundrels today and I was also reading it on the top of a cliff near poole as I am on holiday :)

48. Danielle says:

Ruby A. do you know if Zach dies? Pleeeeaaaaassssseeee tell us.

49. megan herrick says:

I might read all of the books again before the next one comes out cant wait !!!!

50. madison says:

OMG!!! WHERE DID ZACH GO? ALLY ZACH HAS TO LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

51. Seriously people … Townsend and Abby are (finally) together and all you care about is Zach possi ly being in danger? Honestly – PRIORITIES

52. Oh my good lord, this is almost worse. Now my active imagination can torture me about all the different possibilities. Zach could be part of the circle of cavan, trying to protect Cammie, kidnapped, MIA like Mathew Morgan-which would completely destroy Cammie-and are Abby and Townsend going to last, there are so many things that could destroy that relationship. Oh, and why are Abby’s eyes misty, I’m pretty sure Townsend’s kiss isn’t THAT good. BTW how and when did Abby and Townsend get together, I know they were less hostile towards each other in ‘Out of Sight out of Time’ but they weren’t overly friendly either. What about Zach’s mom, does Joe actually wake up, does he have any information on the Circle? Ugh, so many questions! ;)

53. Alexandra V. says:

I just died right now!! It’s your fault, Shellie & Ally!! Now I can’t read United We Spy because I’ll be buried next to Matthew Morgan!!!
    AAAAAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAH THEY KISSED!!! TOWNSEND AND ABBY SITTING IN A …..Plane? K-I-S-S-I-N-G! First comes arguing then comes love, then comes Abby with the nuclear weapons…

54. WHAT?? Where is ZACH!!! :(((

55. Bookworm917 says:

Omg!!!! If something happens to zach i am gonna cry so much!!!
    Im actually doing that right now!!!;;;;(
    But still thanks!!

56. Sara Williams says:

Ally,
    Can you plz do me a BIG favor?
    it is my best friends bday soon and she means a lot to me. can you write a letter to her wishing her a happy birthday the 26th of july i know it is early but i wanted to ask u now so if u cant i have time to find another present
    thanks so much

P.S. just so u know i live in australia and my friends name is Alex
    thanks :) :) :)

57. When did Abby and Townsend get together? O.o Also, I have a theory on where Zach is. I think he was kidnapped by his mom, or someone from the Circle to draw Cammie out of the GA, or he ran away in the night because he figured something out having to do with the Circle, went to follow up on it and didn’t want to worry Cammie. or something of that nature

58. Why am I starting to think now that either Abby or Townsend is going to die?!?! Ugh well at least they’re together

59. Cool excerpt! (Can’t wait for United We Spy!!)

Anyway… I love your idea of sending photos of GG or HS books with some cool background. I’m going to Athens in August, so I will take and send photos then!

60. Honestly. WHO CARES ABOUT ZACH AT THIS MOMENT I AN FLIPPING OUT THAT ABBY AND TOWNSEND JUST FRAGGING KISSED FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

61. Yes! Abby and Townsend! Honestly, Townsend is my favorite character, but that could be because I always picture him as Benedict Cumberbatch for some reason. Seriously though, he’s like the total embodiment of that character.

62. Thanks Shellie and Ally! Can’t wait for GG6, but now I’m worried about Zach, hopefully all those times that Ally talked about killing off GG characters she was either joking or not talking about somebody whose name starts with a Z (or a C, L, B, M, R, A, T, J, P, D, S, or any I may have forgotten for that matter.) I’m sure she just likes making us sweat (like with hs3 and a certain Great Uncle…..)……

63. Oh and love the idea of taking pics of the books in cool places! Too bad I just got back from vacation! Oh well, still can’t wait to find cool backgrounds for the books to have been at!

64. 2muchinfo says:

OMG!!!!!!! What happend to Abby & Townsend???? I thought they hated eachother? Wheres Zach?

65. Thanks again, but is there ever going to be a United We Spy countdown?

66. Hayley G. says:

OMGIZZLE. APROVED-Abby and Townsend (liking the nickname tabby).
    But where in the back of he world is my Zachary!!!!!! Oh gosh I think I might die. Never ever thought I would say this but please can summer be over and it be September all ready!!! Oh gosh I’m freaking out. I wonder where they were flying to??? I love you Ally and Shellie.

67. That would be awesome! What if there was a cout down and we had to do something each day spy related or something in the books? Anyone else want to do something like this? Shellie what do you think it could be just a week thing to.

68. Oh good lord I think I have just fainted. okay. Now I am alright but still freaking out. This expert has everyone Fangirling. Well done agent Shellie and carter.

69. You just killed my feels. :-/ Youch. I can’t wait for United We Spy to come out!

70. SHELLIE!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN’T DO THIS TO ME! I mean, I love you for giving that to us, but right now I also sorta hate you! :) not in a bad way… BUT I CANT WAIT! WHERES ZACH? IS JOSH GOING TO BE IN THIS BOOK? WHATS WITH TOWNSEND AND ABBY??? WHAT ABOUT JOE??? I wander if he’ll be disappointed….. hehehe but that’s not the point!! I cant wait until September!!!! oh my gosh why does It have to be all the way in September? ohhhhh……..shellie why do you only give us that much to read?? its horrible.., not enough to read… I cant wait though, ally. youre the BEST AUTHOR EVER! thanks for everything!!

71. Team Zach! says:

I think i speak for everyone when i say…PLEASE DONT KILL OFF ZACH AND/OR BREAKUP ZAMMIE BECAUSE THEN WE WOULD ALL BE DEAD AND SAD AND THAT WOULD KILL THE AWESOMENESS OF UNITED WE SPY! Is it posssible to have an anxiety attack for 3 months?

72. Wait I’m SO STOKED FOR THIS BOOK!!!! Love Cammie and Zach together so much!!!! But…wait………did anyone else want Abby to be with Joe? I love Pride and Prejudice and the whole Darcy thing buuuuuut Townsend is far and away my least favorite good guy character…….I love Abby and I REALLY don’t like Townsend! Am I alone in this??? Nevertheless I trust Ally and I’m sure it’ll all make sense in the end! SO EXCITED FOR THIS BOOK.

73. I always liked Abby and Joe, not Abby and Townsend, but I think that they are both stubborn enough to make it work.

74. OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Abby and Townsend, never saw that coming, expected Joe and Abby but never Abby and Townsend. Totally in shock but I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kind of had a feeling that there would be Rachel and Joe though from what we’ve read throughout the books…and what about Zach!!!! Where is he????????? Oh Gosh I am praying he doesn’t die or anything because that would break my heart :( totally Zammie fan :D Hope Zach comes to help eventually… Can’t wait to get the book :D

75. I have been waiting for this book since GG5. I wonder where Zach is. Ohhhhh I hope he doesn’t die. that would be the worst.

76. valeriegalgirl says:

ZACH WHERE R U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY RAP TOWNSEND AND ABBY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW FREAKING FREAKING OUT

77. Yes. Townsend and Abby. Yes.

78. I’m all excited about Townsend and Abby getting together and all, but WHERE’S ZACHARY GOODE? Cammie and his relationship is almost as awesome as Max and Fang’s from Maximum Ride… HELP ME! IF ZACH IS HURT OR IN TROUBLE< I'LL THROW A TISSY FIT!

79. Agent Smore says:

Omg where’s Zach???!!! And when did Abby/Townsend happen??!! Agh!!! I can’t take this anymore!!! Just release the book already!!!!!!

80. I have a feeling this teaser is from VERY EARLY in the story (like chapter 2 or so). The plane landing probably means that we’re just warming up in the search for the rest of Cammie’s dad’s story, etc. Somehow, someway, when you least expect him, Zach will suddenly pop up almost out of nowhere (like in the next chapter)…I’m sure that he’s far from dead at this point in the book…. So don’t fret, boys and girls– just CHILL! (And NO– I have NO connections to Ally Carter other than being one of her many Facebook friends, so don’t think I am a Blackthorne type spy….)

81. No!!!!!! My boyfriend can’t be dead!!!!! Or gone forever!!! Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! I am literally dying right now

82. I find it amusing that I’m more upset about Townsend and Abby kissing then a supposed “missing” Zach. (I’m pretty sure this series is labeled romance, so Zach, the love interest, won’t be dying. Authors rarely kill off main characters).

My Joe/Abby ship, which I thought was canon when they kissed in DJGHC, is probably (I still hope that they will be end game but…orz) sunk right in front of me…by an EXCERPT!?

-Despairing (ship feels)