Heist Society movie news!

Hey everybody!

Wow. Where do I begin?

So you guys know that I’m at the American Bookseller’s Association’s Winter Institute? I’ve got a book coming out… A tour starting… More books to write…

There’s a lot going on.

Well, I just THOUGHT I was busy because yesterday things went sort of…crazy.

You see, about a week ago my wonderful film agent, Sarah Self, sent Heist Society to a handful of trusted producers in Hollyood. In the past week we’ve been getting some really interesting calls. And then yesterday–yes, while I was doing my signing here in San Jose–things escalated. We had several amazing people all offering amazing things all at once.

So…yeah…CRAZY!

The whole time I was writing Heist I always thought of it as a movie. More than once I’ve said that it’s far more cinematic than anything I’ve ever done. But what do I know, right? I also think cake is a well-balanced breakfast, so I’m wrong. A lot.

But it turns out some really incredibly talented filmmakers seem to agree.

At the end of the day we ended up signing with Warner Brothers and the talented Denise DiNovi as the producer. The screenplay will be written by the fabulous Shauna Cross (who wrote Whip It and the screenplay for If I Stay).

Please check out this article for more details: http://tinyurl.com/yces864 .

And now, I’m afraid, I’ve got to go, but I do want to remind everyone that this is absolutely NO guarantee that there will be a movie made. And, once again, I will have no say in who is cast in the movie or anything like that. But it IS a first step and a wonderful one at that.

Thanks again to everyone who has made this past week so incredibly special and reminded me how truly blessed I am.

Best wishes,
Ally

Comments

1. sarix_angel says:

i wish they DO make it!!! i'm so happy!!! i wish they made the gg one too, but if it's going to be HS, then is going to win an oscar for best theme!!!

2. Erin, the redhead says:

That is absolutely AWESOME news! Congratulations! :)

3. Anonymous says:

OMG OMG OMG OMG NO WAYYYY! AHHHHHH! I haven't even read it yet and I am SUPER DUPER EXCITED!!!!! :)

Congrats, Ally!

4. OMG that is awesome!! Two of your books have been opted for movies. That is huge and extremely exciting!! Can't wait to see what happens next in your career.

5. Anonymous says:

tht is soo cool, i cant wait till out comes out

6. Aging them up to their 20s? Well, I guess it could be cool. Hope you have fun on tour! (:

7. OMG that is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can't wait to get the book! but have you heard about the gallagher book being turned in to a movie yet because that would add to the excitment even more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Anonymous says:

woohoo!!!! so cool! I hope it works out…you deserve it.

9. ALLY!! ARRRRRRRRGH!!! MUST! SEE! HEIST! SOCIETY! MOVIE!

10. That's so awesome! Congrats! I'm so happy for you! I can't wait!

11. Anonymous says:

and I also cannot wait to read it–hopefully they will make a movie worthy of the book (because I know the book will be awesome!)

12. Anonymous says:

Wow!!! That's amazing! CONGRATS!! I can't wait to read the book, and i can't wait to see (hopefully there is one) the movie!

13. Anonymous says:

That would be pretty cool (:

- Hannah

14. Curly Head says:

Ah!!!!!!!!!! That is sooooo cool!!!! I would definitely go see it! Congrats, also! Maybe Heist Society will lead the way for the Gallagher books to be made into movies too!

15. That is so awesome Ally! I just know I'm going to love this novel :).

Christy

16. Anonymous says:

THATS SO AMAZING! i hope the book gets made into a movie…

17. YES!!! AWESOME!!! Now we have 2 (possibly) of your books to be made into movies to look forward to! Now I just have to read the book before Hollywood inevitably changes the movie…lol.

HeistSociety.ning.com :-)

18. Anonymous says:

OMG that's AMAZING i'm getting heist society like the second barnes and noble opens and i promise that i will like already have my movie tickets b4 Anyone else!

19. Congratulations! That's wonderful news!!

20. Wow thats really great. Im really happy for you, but im kind of nervous. Movies can never be as good as the book, and sometimes they even ruin the book. I watched Harry Potter 4 before i read the book, and when i did, It defiantly wasn't my favorite book out of the series. I admit that the Harry Potter movies were great but could not compare to the book.
    I was there at the book signing yesterday at Santana Row and your books make a really big impact on my life. I really want to become an author and i cant believe i met you! Thank you so much!
    -Isabel

21. Congratulations! But why are they changing the main character to be in her early 20's?

22. Congrats Ally!! That is amazing!!
    We got the book in at work (I work for Borders) and I've been looking at it longingly waiting for the 9th so I can get it.
    Have fun on your tour!

23. OMG OMG OMG!!!!! THAT'S AMAZING!!!!
    <3 I cannot wait for the book!!! and the movie!!!! but with the movie, I don't wanna get my hopes up too high and have them crushed badly like wut happened with Twilight, especially since I enjoy your books waaaaaaay more!!! Can't wait to finally meet Hale!! Keep up the fantasticness!!

24. Ally, that's AMAZING!!!!!! :)

25. WE HAVEN'T EVEN READ IT YET!!!!!!!! MAKE IT COME OUT FASTER ALLY!!!!!!!

26. AMAZING, ALLY!! Congrats, I am SO happy for you!!

27. A. W. E. S. O. M. E.

28. yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy

29. Anonymous says:

ALLY! THAT IS SOOOOOO COOL! i'M THRILLED FOR HEIST SOCIETY & NOW IT MIGHT BE A MOVIE TOO!? SOO AWSOME! ALLY I LOVE YOUR BOOKS!

30. Super congrats Ally! Can't wait to get my copy of Heist Society on Tuesday and now I can add the movie to my wish list.

31. Congratulations! That's SUPER awesome!
    Sounds like Heist will make a great movie.

32. Congrats! That's awesome news! ^_^

33. Congratulations, Ally!!! That is mega-fabulous news!

34. Wow. Funny how these things happen, huh?

35. Anonymous says:

Oh Ally, that's super cool! How encouraging for you! So proud of you! :) Have an awesome tour too.

36. Oh my GOD!!! Ally that is so so so great! I'm going to see it the moment it comes out! I just bought Heist Society today (I just love my bookstore for putting it up early) and I'm only on page seventeen and I love it! But back to the main point: OH MY GOD THERE'S GOING TO BE A MOVIE!!!

37. That's so wonderful! Even though it hasn't been released yet, I figured it would make an awesome movie. Jet-setting, thievery, Hale *cough* Now how did -that- get in there…?! 0.o XD

Congrats on the awesome film offer! ^_^ Can't wait to read the book!

Briana

38. Congratulations, Ally! I will keep my fingers crossed for you, and keep my eyes peeled for casting calls! :)

39. Anonymous says:

AHHHHH THATS AWESOME! hey, any more news on the love you kill you movie???? ;)

40. Elisabeth says:

Also, if this movie is produced and is inevitably successful, whoever holds the movie rights to LYKY might produce it as a movie too.

41. Anonymous says:

Yay!

42. Anonymous says:

*flails*

Oh, I guess that's not a complete thought/comment. Um…CONGRATULATIONS! *FLAIL*

43. Anonymous says:

This is crazy awesome! Although, I'm still waiting fo rmy favorite spies-in-training to show up on the big screen…

44. Anonymous says:

Hey Ally, I was just wondering if you are as excited as I am for the Percy Jackson Movie? Do you think it will be awesome? And I am sooooooooooo excited for your books. I love them!!! your dear reader, Tiffany

45. OM GOOSH! ALLY THAT WOULD BE SOO AMAZING! AND COMRATS! GOLLY I HAVEN'T EVEN GOTTEN THE BOOK AND NOW YOU TELL ME THERE MIGHT BE A MOVIE!!!! WOW!! WHEN I SAW THE TITLE FOR THIS POST I LITTEREALY ALMOST SCREAMED!

-Wynne G.

P.S. Has GGs ever had anything like this happen?

46. Anonymous says:

Ahhhh I'm so excited that it's possible that Heist Society could become a movie! I was browsing my bookstore today and saw it was already on the shelves! Of course I bought it right away and I've already finished reading it! It was ammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzinnnnnnnnnng! :)

47. Congrats! I really hope it's made into a movie! Can't wait to read it!!!!!!!!

-Nadia

48. Anonymous says:

OMG! Congrats Ally! I can't wait to read heist society on Tuesday!Congrats again

49. Elisabeth says:

Oh, a million congratulations, Ally! This is really exciting!

50. Anonymous says:

the twenties thing sounds a little weird, but I'll wait until I read the book to decide how weird :) and I'm sure the 20 year old fans like the idea.

51. Wow ally thats so great! Im sure that were gonna be meeting soon.

52. really? 20s? that is a little out of proportion!!! oh well, this is sure happening alot faster than the GG books

53. I just read your book Ally, Heist Society at Broders in two days! It was sooo awe-somex1000000000000. You really nailed the book. I loved that you took the characters expoloring all over the world and I did, I truly did find myself in a movie. I could just imagine it too LOL. Now that is is or will be a movie I'm soooo going to see it. And when it comes out on DVD just promise that there will be tons of extras on blue-ray and DVD (cause some DVDs have less features or no features than in Blue-ray and I feel that that is biased). I loved that you had Katrina go to Warsaw, Poland and I'm happy about that 'cause i'm of Polish decent.

GL with the tour too! Can't wiat till I'd you i'd love you, but then I'd have to kill you moive and Heist Society!!!! sooo extremly exited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

54. Oh my gosh! I'm so excited about this! I'm going right to my bookstore THE DAY Heist Society comes out, just because I'm so excited! And now it might be a movie? I'm soo thrilled! Can't wait Ally!

55. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATES ALLY!!!! IM STILLL WAITING FOR THE BOOK TO COME OUT BUT I HAVE IT PRE ORDERED AND EVERYTHING I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!! IM SO EXCITED AND IM PSYCHED THAT THERES A CHANGE IT COULD BECOME A MOVIE!!!! YEY!!! I CANT WAIT FOR HEIST SOCIETY TO COME OUT SO I CAN FINALLY READ OIT AND IM SURE ITLL BE GREAT!!! HAVE FUN ON TOUR!!!

56. Excellent! I'd love to see this as a movie. Congrats!

57. I just finished reading the book a few days ago, and the whole time I kept thinking, this would make an amazing movie.

congratulations!!

58. what about the movie 4 i'd tell you that i love you but then i'd have to kill you????????

59. OMG!!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!!! I LOVE THE MOVIE WHIP IT! THIS MOVIE IS GONNA BE GREAT1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

60. OH…MY…GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

61. let me get this straight… we haven't even read the book yet and its being considered for a movie??? Major luck, ally!! (also for the movie ppl b/c they got to read Heist b4 me :( lol ) Now i can't wait for the book or the moviee!!! :D

62. cool!

63. Anonymous says:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!This is amazing, Ally, omg, Im jumpin out of my seat here. Heist as a movien is the best idea since cake being a well-rounded breakfast!!!

64. congrats! do we know anymore about the 'I'd tell you i love you but then I'd have to kill you ' movie????

I LOVE YOUR BOOKS! :-)

65. hannah r0x yoUR soX! says:

Oh my freaking gosh! How abso-freakin-lutely terrific/cool/wicked insane is that?
    Congrats Ally!
    Now I know for sure that movies going to be a HUGE hit… That's just crazy.
    Love, Hannah

66. Anonymous says:

Hey Ally,

I was looking at foxnews.com and they had a "Then/Now: Celebrity Childhood Photos" and your George Clooney is number 40/41. ;) Thought you'd like it.

67. YAYAAAAAA ally!!!! that is so freaking coooooll

68. Hi Ally! I love your books!! I have my own blog called: clairesbookreviews.blogspot.com

69. Anonymous says:

That's great! i was in san jose at the book signing (thanks for telling me what trite is haha) and have already read and loved the book(:

70. I went to Borders today to pick up my ACT practice book, and when I went over to the teen section, there were like 15 copies of Heist Society! I was sooo excited! I feel lucky that this store had the copy now instead of Tuesday! =)

71. Anonymous says:

OH MY GOSH THAT'S GREAT!!!!! Congrats :) thanks for the news but it might have been easier on you if you DIDN'T tell us LOL :)

72. OH MY GOSH ALLY! That's GREAT NEWS!!!!! I'm so excited for you!

73. Anonymous says:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am seriously sitting here squealing, I think everyone thinks I'm dying. GOSH, Tuesday needs to hurry up so I can fall in love with Hale… OMG!!!

74. I love ur sense of style ally, btw, the necklace u wore in san jose is a must-buy for me!!!!!

75. Anonymous says:

Hope that it gets made into a movie!
    really bad!
    book is coming out on tuesday! cant wait!

76. Congratulations! That sounds really exciting. I loved the Gallagher Girls books and I'm sure this one will be just as good and it sounds like it would make a really fun movie. Here's hoping all goes well and it gets made in the near future.

77. Holly Black says:

CONGRATS!!!

78. That's going to be so cool! I hope they do GG into a movie too. But are they really planning on making the characters 20 year olds? I think having teens would be better.

79. h rox u'r sox!!!! says:

WOW! That's amazing Ally, congrats. I really hope they make a movie of it =]

80. Congratulations! That's incredible! Great job! I can't wait to read the book! :D

81. OMG!!! That's totally AWESOME!!

82. Congrats, Ally! That is awesome news!!!

83. I WAS SO EXCITED WHEN I SAW THIS! I HOPE IT GETS TURNED INTO A MOVIE!CONGRATULATIONS ALLY!

84. Anonymous says:

Hey Ally,

That's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

85. THAT'S FANTASTICALISTIC!!!!! (and yes I know that's not a word)

But I have a serious question about writing books.

Is there like an age limit?

Can you publish a book at let's say… age 14?