Heist Society movie news!

Hey everybody!

Wow. Where do I begin?

So you guys know that I’m at the American Bookseller’s Association’s Winter Institute? I’ve got a book coming out… A tour starting… More books to write…

There’s a lot going on.

Well, I just THOUGHT I was busy because yesterday things went sort of…crazy.

You see, about a week ago my wonderful film agent, Sarah Self, sent Heist Society to a handful of trusted producers in Hollyood. In the past week we’ve been getting some really interesting calls. And then yesterday–yes, while I was doing my signing here in San Jose–things escalated. We had several amazing people all offering amazing things all at once.

So…yeah…CRAZY!

The whole time I was writing Heist I always thought of it as a movie. More than once I’ve said that it’s far more cinematic than anything I’ve ever done. But what do I know, right? I also think cake is a well-balanced breakfast, so I’m wrong. A lot.

But it turns out some really incredibly talented filmmakers seem to agree.

At the end of the day we ended up signing with Warner Brothers and the talented Denise DiNovi as the producer. The screenplay will be written by the fabulous Shauna Cross (who wrote Whip It and the screenplay for If I Stay).

Please check out this article for more details: http://tinyurl.com/yces864 .

And now, I’m afraid, I’ve got to go, but I do want to remind everyone that this is absolutely NO guarantee that there will be a movie made. And, once again, I will have no say in who is cast in the movie or anything like that. But it IS a first step and a wonderful one at that.

Thanks again to everyone who has made this past week so incredibly special and reminded me how truly blessed I am.

Best wishes,
Ally

Comments

1. sarix_angel says:

i wish they DO make it!!! i'm so happy!!! i wish they made the gg one too, but if it's going to be HS, then is going to win an oscar for best theme!!!

2. Erin, the redhead says:

That is absolutely AWESOME news! Congratulations! :)

3. Anonymous says:

OMG OMG OMG OMG NO WAYYYY! AHHHHHH! I haven't even read it yet and I am SUPER DUPER EXCITED!!!!! :)

Congrats, Ally!

4. OMG that is awesome!! Two of your books have been opted for movies. That is huge and extremely exciting!! Can't wait to see what happens next in your career.

5. Anonymous says:

tht is soo cool, i cant wait till out comes out

6. Aging them up to their 20s? Well, I guess it could be cool. Hope you have fun on tour! (:

7. OMG that is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can't wait to get the book! but have you heard about the gallagher book being turned in to a movie yet because that would add to the excitment even more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Anonymous says:

woohoo!!!! so cool! I hope it works out…you deserve it.

9. ALLY!! ARRRRRRRRGH!!! MUST! SEE! HEIST! SOCIETY! MOVIE!

10. That's so awesome! Congrats! I'm so happy for you! I can't wait!

11. Anonymous says:

and I also cannot wait to read it–hopefully they will make a movie worthy of the book (because I know the book will be awesome!)

12. Anonymous says:

Wow!!! That's amazing! CONGRATS!! I can't wait to read the book, and i can't wait to see (hopefully there is one) the movie!

13. Anonymous says:

That would be pretty cool (:

– Hannah

14. Curly Head says:

Ah!!!!!!!!!! That is sooooo cool!!!! I would definitely go see it! Congrats, also! Maybe Heist Society will lead the way for the Gallagher books to be made into movies too!

15. That is so awesome Ally! I just know I'm going to love this novel :).

Christy

16. Anonymous says:

THATS SO AMAZING! i hope the book gets made into a movie…

17. YES!!! AWESOME!!! Now we have 2 (possibly) of your books to be made into movies to look forward to! Now I just have to read the book before Hollywood inevitably changes the movie…lol.

HeistSociety.ning.com :-)

18. Anonymous says:

OMG that's AMAZING i'm getting heist society like the second barnes and noble opens and i promise that i will like already have my movie tickets b4 Anyone else!

19. Congratulations! That's wonderful news!!

20. Wow thats really great. Im really happy for you, but im kind of nervous. Movies can never be as good as the book, and sometimes they even ruin the book. I watched Harry Potter 4 before i read the book, and when i did, It defiantly wasn't my favorite book out of the series. I admit that the Harry Potter movies were great but could not compare to the book.
    I was there at the book signing yesterday at Santana Row and your books make a really big impact on my life. I really want to become an author and i cant believe i met you! Thank you so much!
    -Isabel

21. Congratulations! But why are they changing the main character to be in her early 20's?

22. Congrats Ally!! That is amazing!!
    We got the book in at work (I work for Borders) and I've been looking at it longingly waiting for the 9th so I can get it.
    Have fun on your tour!

23. OMG OMG OMG!!!!! THAT'S AMAZING!!!!
    <3 I cannot wait for the book!!! and the movie!!!! but with the movie, I don't wanna get my hopes up too high and have them crushed badly like wut happened with Twilight, especially since I enjoy your books waaaaaaay more!!! Can't wait to finally meet Hale!! Keep up the fantasticness!!

24. Ally, that's AMAZING!!!!!! :)

25. WE HAVEN'T EVEN READ IT YET!!!!!!!! MAKE IT COME OUT FASTER ALLY!!!!!!!

26. AMAZING, ALLY!! Congrats, I am SO happy for you!!

27. A. W. E. S. O. M. E.

28. yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy